Well, we've made it to 12 weeks and Xander is absolutely thriving. He is getting bigger everyday and is constantly amazing me with his new milestones. He's started holding on to objects now and putting things in his mouth. It's pretty cute!
Big thing today - formula! We just tried our first 4oz of formula and, what do you know, the little guy didn't bat an eye! He went straight from the formula to an extra oz of breastmilk too, so despite the awful smell (at least I think it smells awful!), he apparently can't tell the difference (or doesn't care). Yay! This makes me feel so much better about attempting to kill my supply and transition him to formula. It's going to take several weeks, I think, for my supply to totally diminish and then I still have about 500+oz frozen in the deep freezer that we'll need to get through, but we're on our way and I'm excited! And a bit sad. But excited! I wish I hadn't had so many issues with infections, etc. because my supply is obviously not a problem, and I would love to keep going to 6 months if it wasn't so painful. Bah...
Gymboree...this is week 3. Today we're doing a foot print project. Should be fun to compare his foot size to the one taken in the hospital when he was born.
Pics to come.
xoxo -
V
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment