Saturday, January 23, 2010

Xander: 13 Weeks Old

It's amazing how much Xander can change day to day. This week alone we've seen some serious milestones. His first real belly laugh -- melts a momma's heart!! -- and he has started actually playing with his toys. He grabs them and puts them in his mouth -- yum!

His first real laugh was during his bathtime on Monday. Can you say FISHY! The boy loves bathtime. Seriously. He just giggles and coos the whole time. Unfortunately, that means he is less than happy with us when it's time to come out of the water. I guess he doesn't realize that too much of a good thing leads to pruney, old man looking skin. He screams and screams until he's all dry and warm in his 'jammies. Of course, that has me thinking part of the problem is that he's cold after leaving the warm water, but we try to keep him wrapped in the big fluffy towel, so who knows... such a cutie.

We took his 3 month photos today with Andrea. He did so good! I can't wait to see them. We also went to Gymboree today with daddy. He really enjoys it and is meeting lots of new friends like Patrick and Kenya. I've realized though that while I see these people twice per week, I have no idea what the moms' names are in class...just the babies. Mike compares it to the dog park where you know the dogs but not the owners. So sad. I'm making it a point this coming week to actually trade names with the moms...I can't be the only one lacking in that department!

This was a good week. We were all fighting colds, but Xander has come out like a champ with just a little bit of sneezing and coughing. Not even that fussy - yay!

We've still just been sampling formulas here and there to see if he likes the taste or reacts poorly to it. Looks like we'll probably use Similac Advanced (Early Shield) once the time comes to use formula on a regular basis. Guessing that will be at least a few more weeks.

Well, as Xander and daddy are working on going to bed...it's already 8:30pm here and we have church tomorrow, momma is relaxing with a cup of tea. Enjoy!

xoxo-
V

No comments: