Monday, February 1, 2010

Xander: 14 weeks old

Giggles...this kid giggles. Big belly giggles when you tickle him under his arms (even accidentally when changing his t-shirts). When I got home the other night he just started laughing when I walked in the front door and said "hello." A real, unquestionable laugh. And it made me cry...or at least tear up. :)

We took Xander to his first magic show this weekend. The Magic Dude was performing at Fireflies near our house. He was actually pretty good, and he even managed to hold Xander's attenion for a good bit of time. Xander has an amazing ability to focus and good long attention span. I hope that stays with him as he gets older.

I have found someone to be a mommy's helper on Mondays. A friend from church has a soon-to-be daughter-in-law. She seems great -- is very nice -- and is making it much easier for me to get work (or blogging) done on Mondays. Thanks, Julia. She'll only be with us til April though when her fiance gets home from Afghanistan, they get married and move away. Works perfect with our timing though since my mom will be leaving us at the end of April and Xander will -- hopefully -- be starting day care May 1st (if not a little before).

Xander is getting 2 formula bottles per day now and doing great. No serious issues to speak of, so I hope this continues. He started last Monday, so it's been one week. And I'm down to pumping only twice per day, which is AWESOME! Guessing he'll be on solely formula by his 4 mo birthday. Right now, it's 4 BM bottle and 2 Formula bottles per day.

xoxo
V

No comments: