Saturday, March 13, 2010

No time like the present...20 Weeks!

...to catch y'all up on Xander. He is a happy baby. Plain and simple. The kid has the best smile and doughboy laugh. So cute!

He's getting so big, and he is doing so many new things since my last post. I'll work backwards...

Today...20 weeks old
We fed X cereal for the first time today. He only ate a few bites after his morning bottle, but it was pretty darn cute. I think he liked it (although Mike and I tried it and it tastes like paper). He's eating Happy Bellies organic brown rice cereal. I figure we'll give it a few days and then move on to veggies. First on the list -- sweet potatoes. I already bought the Beaba baby food maker since we plan on making all of his food rather than buying it. I'm so excited.






As of this past Tuesday, X can stand on his own if you just hold his little hands! Here he is standing on daddy's lap. I feel like it won't be too long before he says "look mom, no hands!"


I've also taken Xander to his first two museums. This past Sunday Tia Carmen and I took him to the Nat'l Gallery of Art. I think he liked it. :) Mom, Tia Carmen and I took him to the National Geographic Museum on his 4 month birthday to see the Terra Cotta Warriors exhibit. It was so cool, and Xander seemed to really be interested in the statues.




Speaking of his 4 months...here's his growth pic. Definitely out-sizing Mr. Elephant now! At his doc appt, he was weighing 15.5lbs (60th percentile) and 26.5 inches (90th percentile). Big boy!


It was just before he turned 4 months that he really started being able to enjoy his Bumbo seat. Proud moment.


His 3 month pics and the crazy February 2010 blizzards will definitely be updated and discussed in separate posts.

Oh, and other big news! Xander is going to school! We were accepted at the American Day School in Alexandria, which is only 1.5 miles from our home. The infant nursery is nice, but I'm especially excited that they have a true preschool program that he'll be able to grow into. He starts April 1st, so we'll definitely have his 1st day of school photos! ha ha! So I should mention this is slightly a big deal because (i) wait lists in DC/NOVA tend to be in the 12-18 month range. We're on two right now and were still considering a nanny for when my mom leaves in May. Well, then I heard about ADS and decided to tour the facility despite their 60 child waitlist for the infant nursery. Mike and I toured this past Thursday (yes, 2 days ago). The director as we were leaving mentioned that they had one opening right now (of their 28 spots)and were 2/3 of the way through their list and may be calling us sooner than we would have thought...well, Friday afternoon, sure enough. We're in! I think it's a true blessing. Apparently a lot of their list either weren't pregnant yet or were still pregnant or had found other arrangements. Our luck!!

Other than that...we're good. Busy, but good.

xoxo-
Vicky

1 comment:

Rocky said...

People put their name on the waiting list before they are even pregnant? You've got to be kidding - that is wild! I'm so happy you've started posting again, the pics are fantastic :-)