We had two. One for me and one to meet with a pediatrician that we're considering for Xander.
My doc appt went fine. Just an aside...I'm still up 22lbs and Xander seems to be measuring perfectly (at least my uterus is at 23cm). On this track I will be at +40lb when the little guy is born...oh well! All the more incentive to get the weight off quickly. :)Anyway, my appt was to discuss our anatomy ultrasound from a couple of weeks ago. I know last I referenced it I said the tech said all looked well, but after that post I was called in for more pics and then we were recommended to a fetal cardiac specialist to do a fetal echo and get a better look at the little guy's heart. All the docs/midwifes keep assuring us that they're just being overly cautious and it's probably nothing, but who knows...we're just praying about it. The doc yesterday said he didn't even really understand what the u/s doc was saying in her assessment and that it was probably nothing. Something about a "mild pronation of the left arterial something or other". Anyway, we have the fetal echo scheduled at the hospital on July 10th, and we'll now more then. Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.
Pediatrician was very nice. Her name was Dr Arnold and she works at a practice called The KidzDocs. There are 4 docs who own the practice. They have privileges at our hospital and would be in to see Xander after he's born and every day until we leave the hospital. Then, they like to do office visits everyday until he starts to gain weight (about a week). As much as I liked her and the office, we have two more appts scheduled over the next several weeks to speak with other practices in the area that were recommended to us. What a process!
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment