Thursday, September 24, 2009

35/35

Well, Tuesday marked my 35th week of pregnancy and 35 days left til my due date. I'm truly hoping this lil' guy chooses to either come a wee bit early or at least on his due date. I can't imagine having to go any longer! It's a fact, folks....I'm uncomfortable!

My hands, feet, acid reflux, back...you name it, it hurts. And it's slightly frustrating to have a large to-do list that you can't really tackle. Mike and I are getting through it slowly, so I guess I should be happy about it. We're actually quite close to being done with the house itself (crossing fingers that we're done by Saturday afternoon), and then we'll just have baby stuff to take care of (packing my hospital bag, installing the car seat bases, putting together the stroller, etc).

I don't want to seem too negative. Despite all the aches and pains, I am actually cherishing every minute of this pregnancy. I love feeling Xander moving around in my belly and know that I'm going to miss having him all to myself in just a few short weeks. Every time I feel him, it makes me wonder who he is going to be, what he's going to look like, etc. I pray that he's happy and healthy. He will absolutely be well loved. And all that being said, I actually can't wait to share him with Mike in ways other than his hand on my belly feeling the kicks or hearing my complaints when Xander has choosen to stick a foot under my rib. I can't wait to watch Mike with his son -- I know he's going to be a wonderful father.

Well, 35 weeks...

This week the final touches are being added to your mini-masterpiece and most of his development is going to packing on the pounds. While baby's movements may be becoming less jerky, he may do his final somersault in the womb soon—to put himself into the head-down position for birth. Other fascinating facts:

Your little Karate Kid can't quite pack the punch he used to due to the limited space inside the womb these days. You're likely to feel more wiggles, stretches and rolls than kicks and jabs. The extra layer of fat your baby is adding will create those cute dimples on your baby's elbows and knees. His liver has begun processing his waste products, so you know which organ to thank when he has his first blowout up the back of his onesie.

Baby's nails are growing so long they may curl over the tips of his tiny fingers and toes before he sees a pair of clippers. He'll be in serious need of a mani-pedi once he's born (as will you).

Your baby is now about 5½ pounds and over 18 inches long—about the size of one of those price-club sheet cakes.

No comments: