Saturday, September 12, 2009

Locked & Loaded

My fears have been relieved and the babe is head down! Confirmed by midwife at my appt yesterday. I guess he still has a week or so where he still has room to flip again, but she said by 33 weeks (I'll be 34 on Tues) they usually get comfy and in position. His movements had seemed so erratic and all over the place, I was a bit worried. I briefly thought he'd decided to get his head stuck in my rib, but I guess it's just a foot or his butt. Nice!

Doc appt went well. They provided us with their sample "birth plan" that they would normally follow without any other requests from patient, and I have to tell you...it's 99% of what I want. Limited intervention unless necessary, ability to move around, no IV unless necessary, eating and drinking small amts through active labor, mirror, birthing balls, any position for actual labor (I'm thinking of squatting), babe right on the chest and boob after birth, holding off on clamping the cord until it stops pulsating, etc. I'm a happy girl.

Things are coming together around the house too -- sort of. Lots to do, but everything is "in progress". I did my first load of baby laundry yesterday. I was so nervous of ruining something, but it all turned out. :) Lots more to do though.

I'll update later wity my 33 week info. Just wanted to share the news.

xoxo-
V

No comments: