So I had my 37/38 week doc appointment this morning and all seems well. He's definitely way down low which is resulting in a smaller fundal measurement than in past weeks. E.g. 1 cm for each week of pregnancy. So I should be at 37.5cm. I've been "perfect" this whole pregnancy but today we were back at 35. This is a result of him dropping even lower into my pelvis, which the midwife confirmed with a pelvic exam. I am 1cm dialated. Not bad. Then again, it means nothing, and I could still go 2 weeks late. But please, God, no. I want him to be "early" or punctual please. :) 18 days and counting.
A girl who was a couple days ahead of me in her pregnancy had her water break (gush!) in the middle of prenatal yoga last night. It was shocking and a big realization that we could have this little guy at any time. We're ready! Honestly, the "to do" list is incredibly shrinking, and there are very few things we still need to do to be totally 100% ready. And, honestly, these are "to dos" that only I could think of...
(1) I need to make and laminate lists ((i) laundry instructions (especially for cloth diapers), (ii) important phone #s for the fridge and (iii) a daily log book to keep track of poo, feedings, etc.)
(2) I need to return a "Bundle Me" at BRU and replace it with one that doesn't get put under him in the car seat. Basically, a bundle me is a sleeping bag that keeps him warm in the car seat. We're exchanging it for one that just covers him instead.
(3) one more load of baby laundry for some new awesome outfits Tia Carmen bought him this week
(4) organize the new bookcase in the den
(5) touch up some spots of paint upstairs in the hallway
(6) install car seat base in my mom's car
(7) take the mat Tia Carmen bought him to a seamstress to see about having an extra padding and edging put on it that will have his name embroidered on it.
Literally, that's it. And that's stretching it, in my opinion. We could bring him home without any of these things being done. :)
That's a good feeling!
Happy Friday!
xoxo-
Vicky
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment