no 39 week pic has been posted obviously. Oops!
It's been an odd week though. Tuesday brought on several hours of 10 minute apart contractions prior to them petering out and leaving me feeling doubtful about when this lil' guy would arrive. The rest of the week was uncomfortable and I worked from home on Wed and Friday. I seriously recommend working from home. :)
We had an appt yesterday and I Was 2cm dilated, 80% effaced. The midwife stripped my membranes which was slightly uncomfortable and resulted in my losing a whole lot of my [TMI NOTICE, TMI NOTICE] mucus plug. It was disgusting but made me hopeful. :)
Mike and I went for a walk last night, and then mom and I ate pizza for dinner and we all watched "The Proposal" -- funny movie.
I woke up around 5am very uncomfortable and after getting up realized I was having contractions. Nothing unbearable but definitely timetable again. This time they started at 15 minutes apart, moved to 10 and are currently somewhere between 5-8 minutes apart. Hoping this is it, but we'll see. Mike is at reserves all day (thankfully, just at the pentagon and accessible by phone), but I'm going to go for a walk soon to see what the contractions do. Supposedly, if they maintain themselves even when you change positions, then they're real. I've been doing chores, etc and they're still here, so I'm hoping the walk doesn't zap them away!
If we haven't had him or if the contrax aren't worse by this afternoon/evening, we're headed to a Halloween party. No costume, but I think I can come up with something.
I will be taking the "one last belly pic before heading to the hospital" pic, so hopefully that arrives before I have to think about a 40 week belly pic on Tuesday.
xoxo-
Vicky
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment