Friday, October 2, 2009

36 weeks...less than a month

So exciting! Well, this post is a few days late and it's already October! Can you imagine? We're most likely having a baby this month (quick prayer to the big man upstairs and a lil' nudge at Xander to realize that we really want to be punctual or early and NOT late :)). I'm due in 25 days.

This has been an interesting week. We had our VA baby shower on Saturday (different post), which was just awesome. It was so good to see everyone for what may be the last time before we have Xander with us. I also did my last "long" walk with the girls (or, specifically, Kate) on Saturday morning. My feet can't take it anymore. I was in pain until Monday after the 3 miles. Between my feet and my hands, I ache. All the time. Have no fear, I am keeping up with pilates and yoga and stretching, but I'm giving myself a reprieve from anything over 2 miles until I'm done being pregnant. I'd rather not push myself to a breaking point.

We also had our hospital tour on Sunday night. Good timing! Due to H1N1, our hospital stopped all tours (until March) as of October 1st. Unfortunately, they've also limited # of people in L&D (labor & delivery) and visitation during the same period. It's just going to be me and Mike. No one else allowed per hospital policy. I think I'm okay with no one in the room during the actual labor since it seems like something I really just want to share with Mike, but I'm bummed about no visitors until we're out of the hospital. Especially since my mom will already be in town. Since we're hoping to be out of the hospital in 24 hours though, I guess it's not too big of a deal, and I'm trying not to dwell on it.

I guess that's all we've been up to on the outside, so what's Xander up to:

"Your baby continues to put on weight at about ½ pound each week. This layer of fat will help your baby regulate his body temperature after leaving your climate-controlled womb. In fact, your baby will be 15 percent fat at birth (and you ... well that's another story). Even in the womb, your baby can listen, feel, touch and see. The only thing separating him from living in the outside world is a little thing called the birth canal. Other highlights this week:

His gums are firm with ridges that look somewhat like teeth, though his actual pearly whites won't start breaking through until he's between three months and a year old.

Your baby has definite patterns of sleep and wakefulness—opening his eyes while awake and closing them while sleeping. Your baby will become alert and turn his head toward light and sound just as a newborn would—except when you put on that Celine Dion CD. Then the baby puts his hands up, turns away and gurgles, "Oh no you didn't!"

Your baby is now around 18½ inches long and nearly 6 pounds—just about as big as a breadbox!"
*3D pregnancy

No comments: