Friday, October 2, 2009

VA Baby Shower

So our friends Melanie and Kate were kind enough to host a co-ed baby shower for us last weekend. It was at our home, and I think it was a lot of fun! At least I enjoyed it...especially since I got to wear my slippers. :)

The food was wonderful (chicken skewers, shrimp cocktail, ham (okay, so I can't speak to the ham), tomato/mozarella skewers, fig/goatcheese bruschetta, crudite with hummus, fruit salad and cupcakes from Lavender Moon) -- yum!

I have to admit that I love the idea of showers more because it has given me the chance to reconnect and see people prior to lil' Xander arriving. That being said, once again, people were sooo generous. Our registries are basically cleaned out and in addition to the necessities that were on the registries we also got some amazingly unique gifts that speak to our friends quirky personalities. Mikey and John bought us a photo session with a photographer; Ruth and Mark a "potty training guide" complete with a roll of toilety paper, baby magazines, a toilet targets; Tony and Lindsey got Xander a silver teething ring from Tiffany as well as a series of books for baby such as "Baby make me a cocktail" (quite funny!) and thanks to other friends Xander is now the proud owner of a soccer ball (stuffed, of course), a cowboy hat, a baby book (thank you, Scott, for buying this because I'd been procrastinating!)and many other wonderful items! We're very blessed, and this babe is well loved already.

I think many of the guys were a bit confused about what to do at a baby shower, and I think they were pleasantly surprised when they realized there were (a) no games, (b) beer, and (c) football. Yes, we let the boys watch the UT-UTEP game (what a train wreck) and the Texas Tech-Houston game (also, not thrilling for poor Mike).

Some pics below:




No comments: