Sunday, November 29, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We have so much to be thankful for this year. Most notably, Xander is here, happy (albeit occasionally fussy and loud) and healthy.

As is our tradition now, at least for the last few years, we "ran" the Alexandria Turkey Trot around our neighborhood. It's a 5 miler, and I really enjoy it. My dad and I walked with Xander (who had to stop and eat breakfast 1/2 way resulting in us behind at the end of the pack! oh well!), and while Letty was supposed to walk with us and Oscar, Oscar had different plans. He and Letty ended up running and finished the race in just over an hour. Thanks, Letty! My mom and Mike ran it. Running or walking, the Turket Trot provides a good excuse for an extra piece of pecan pie. And I've already told Xander that next year, we're running it. No excuses! Here X is with big bro Oscar and my Dad and Letty:



We had a full house at Tia Carmen's including our little family, my mom, Dad and Letty, Mikey & John, Carmen, Rock, Joseph, Tio David, Mike's grandparents and an Okie GW student named Justin.

The food was delicious, as usual, and we (at least I) had a fabulous time.

Not sure why we were bad about taking pics this year, I suppose we had our hands full, but here's one family pic.



xoxo - V

No comments: