Xander -- 3 weeks (November 14, 2009)
Our baby was three weeks old yesterday (Saturday). I can't believe it. To think that less than a month ago, Xander was still growing, safe and warm in my belly is just insane. Seems like he's been with us a bit longer. That being said, the slight sleep deprivation and baby haze still seems new, so it couldn't have been that long, right!?! :)
He's amazing! Everyday he does something else that makes me smile or laugh or just thank God for having such a wonderful, healthy, seemingly happy little boy who we will love and watch grow. While looking forward to every day and every year (and praying that time doesn't move too quickly), I can't help but start imagining about the lil' man he's going to become...
This week was a nice step toward getting into at least some sort of routine. Not so much for Xander (should be weeks before he has a "routine") but for us. Little things like learning his poo cry (which Mike picked up on so quickly) or his hunger cry or his gas wails. And they are wails. That was another new thing this week...gas! It is not our friend. Poor Xander gets such bad toots and just wails with each one...it must be painful. We've started giving him gas drops when it seems necessary, but it's not all the time right now. Thank goodness! I've read about Gripe Water and almost bought some this week at Target but held off because the packaging said to discuss with the pediatrician first. I figure if the gas gets any worse then I'll call the ped to discuss.
Still pumping, and it seems to be going well although it's a bit annoying to have to pump so often. I've been able to stay 5 bottles a head of him and any extra gets put in the freezer for our "stash" once I've collected 4 oz. I have 12oz saved so far. Not a lot, but I just started three days ago and am saving about a bottle per day. I think this is normal for someone who doesn't have an "oversupply" of milk, but who knows...I just thank God that I don't have an "under supply". While I'm willing to supplement with formula when necessary, I'll be happier the longer we can go without it. Wonder what heading back to work after Thanksgiving will do to my supply?
A few photos from the week:
Looking forward to this coming weekend. My dad and Letty get here on Friday for Thanksgiving week, and we can't wait to introduce them to the newest grandchild. :)
xoxo-
Vicky

No comments:
Post a Comment