Friday, February 27, 2009

Baby's 1st Outfit


My mom is too much...in a good way! During a long 4 hour walk on Thurs. into and around Old Town for exercise, and what turned out to be a bit of shopping, we managed to find pumpkin's 1st outfit. And it's perfect! My mom bought it for us at this awesome little "Pink & Brown" organic children's boutique, and I think it may just have to be the perfect outfit for bringing home our October baby from the hospital.

Now that being said, it still makes me a bit nervous to be buying things for our lil' pumpkin. In fact, I'm not buying anything for now. Maybe after the 1st tri? Hmm... But how can I tell my mom "no"? :) We're all so excited!

It was so nice to be able to share this early excitement with my mom here in DC. Having her here this week has been such a blessing! She was able to just hang out with me, help me box up my offices and also talk about pregnancy (she even went with me to get my second blood draw done today (we'll find out the beta # before Tuesday hopefully)). I learned so much from her this week about her own pregnancy experiences. E.g. she had a natural childbirth with me with no pain medicine or intervention. I never knew that! I think that's awesome. I totally plan on trying to do that during this pregnancy. That's a discussion for another day, but basically, I've already started looking up information for Bradley method classes and Hypnobirthing.

It's Friday night at 10:30pm and this pregnant lady is tired and off to bed!

xoxo
V

No comments: