Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!


So I'm a few days late on this post, but I figure better late than never. We had an amazing Valentine's Day! Mike and I spent it in Salt Lake City with our friends Jill and Kevin and their adorable baby boy, Dylan. The day was spent skiing at The Canyons and the night was spent relaxing and eating pizza. Yum! Valentine's Day also brought with it some wonderful news. We're expecting...

Baby Husband!

That's right. We're expecting a baby and could not be more excited! Even with all the fear and apprehension that bringing a new life into the world causes, I am (we are) simply elated and can't wait to really feel like the journey has truly begun.


My first doc appt is on Friday (February 20th) at 2:45 pm, so we're hoping to get some good news. That being said, I'm very, very early (only 4 weeks 1 day as of today, February 18th), so I don't think the doc is even going to be able to tell/see anything at that time. We're going in so early though just as a precaution...I have a history of ovarian cysts and had some fairly sharp pains on my left ovary over the weekend, so the doc wants to rule out an ectopic pregnancy. I'm praying that everything is perfect, but I also believe in God's will and the fact that He absolutely has a plan for us and for our baby. So it's all in his hands now.

Assuming all goes well, my EDD (based on ovulation) is October 27, 2009. So we're going to have ourselves a lil' PUMPKIN! Yay!

As previously mentioned, I'm going to use this blog as a journal of our experience. I'll try and include pics, commentary, etc. along the way, and I look forward to sharing it with everyone and hope everyone enjoys it!

No comments: