I found out yesterday that I am being laid off and next Friday (Feb 27th) is my last day of work. Great! I have to admit that I had sort of been given the heads up that this was likely, but I had no idea it would be happening this soon.
The one positive in the whole situation is that I was laid off prior to our Munich trip that was scheduled for March 4th, and I had bought travel insurance for this particular trip. So we get a full refund on our plane tickets. Yay! Several people have told me that we should still go on the trip, but honestly...I have no interest. With Baby H on the way, it just seems irresponsible to take a week long trip to Munich...especially since Mike doesn't technically have any vacation time left after Christmas. whoops! And I like the idea of being able to start my "time off" by cleaning up around the house and getting organized.
"Time off" -- yikes! Hope I find something soon!
Cheers -
Vicky
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment