Wednesday, February 25, 2009

So much going on between baby and job (or the lack thereof)!


So I was 5 weeks yesterday. Yay! We heard back from the doc that my beta for 17DPO (last Friday) was 500mIU/ml. This is high (avg is 132mIU/ml and the range is something 17-429mIU/ml), but the doc still wants me to come in this Friday for another set of tests to make sure everything is doubling every 48 hours the way it's supposed to. So fingers crossed, prayer prayed.

I decided not to take pics until I'm actually showing (or maybe I'll start at 8 weeks or something), but I did take one last week at 4weeks, 0days just for comparison purposes. Figured I'd get it out of the way before the bloat starts. So...this pic is from 4 weeks, 0 days. I know you love the outfit! This is the type of sexy outfit Mike is able to see me lounge around in on a nightly basis. ;)

I've just started getting what I would call real symptoms. I've had the weird twinges and pulling feeling for about a week, but I'm now plagued by headaches, really sore boobs (thankfully, the "really" sore part is mostly at night) and nausea. No vomiting yet unless throwing up in your mouth counts (yes, gross, I know!), so hopefully I can get away with just a bit of quesiness. But who knows...it's still early. My mom apparently had very bad m/s with me and my brother. Fun times!

Finishing cleaning out my Dechert office today. I cleaned out the Lawyer's Committee office on Monday and most of Dechert yesterday, so just a couple of more drawers and two pro bono memos (to pass the cases to the next "lucky" associate). I also sent my resume to two people this morning who think they can help me out with the job search...so let the fun begin!

xoxo,
V

No comments: