I love Saturday morning runs with Mel and Kate. I can't exactly run right now (b/c of my hernia), but the last couple of weeks I've been able to walk with them for the first mile (til we hit the Mt. Vernon trail) and then they take off running and I walk for 2 miles, and then we turn around and head back. They walk the last mile off the trail with me. They're both pregnant too, so it's a fun conversation. I mean, our training was always a fun time, but to have so much to discuss right now concerning pregnancy aches and pains, babies, etc. It's just great. Mel is almost 21 weeks and I think Kate is 15 weeks. So they're both a few months a head of me. I really enjoy it though because I feel like I can ask them questions about their experience so far. And I hope I'm able to contribute to the conversation too due to my vast reading of books and the internet regarding all things pregnancy and baby at the moment. It's a bit insane. Anyway, favorite part of the Saturday morning runs????
STARBUCKS! Yum! There's nothing like a soy, no whip hot chocolate and a spinach feta wrap on Saturday morning!
My mom left this morning. It was great to have her visit. The onesies above are just two more little things she felt the need to buy for her newest grandchild. So cute!
King size bed! I always said they were too big, but Mike has convinced me that it's absolutely necessary both during pregnancy and once baby is born to have as much room as possible in the bed. So we bought a new one today at Sleepy's. It's really comfy, and I can't wait til they deliver it tomorrow.
Tonight we're going out with Jenni and her new beau, Josh. This will be our first time meeting him. She seems smitten, so I'm looking forward to meeting him! ;) This is going to be my first "real" night out since we found out we're expecting, so I'm interested to see how the "no drinking" thing works at a bar or club. Jenni guessed our news (since we're still not telling people), so no need to try and hide anything tonight. So that pressure is off.
I suppose a shower is necessary.
xoxo
V

No comments:
Post a Comment