Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Awesome weekend...

My mom was here this weekend, and we had such a great time.

On Friday, we had dinner with our friends Joe and Kate. We were a bit late due to waiting for luggage at the airport, but Joe & Kate were patient and waited for us. :)Sushi was yummy...all cooked, of course.

Saturday morning mom went on the normally scheduled morning walk with me and Kate. Mel had houseguests of her own and couldn't come. We did 6 miles, made about as many potty stops and finished it off with a yummy breakfast sandwich from Mancini's. We then hurried and had to meet the family at Bistro Bis for John's graduation celebration! CONGRATS, TIA JUANITA! Such yummy food! We then went to BRU to buy Melanie's gift for her shower, which is coming up on May 30th! Shhhh...

Sunday was rainy, rainy, but Mike and my mom still ran the Marine Corp Historic Half Marathon. They both did great despite the rain, and it was pouring! After the race we had to go to Walmart to buy my mom a new sweatsuit, then we went to lunch at Macaroni Grill (where my mom found a piece of a top of the can in her soup (can you say free meal?)), and then to FOHA (Friends of Homeless Animals)(check out www.foha.org) to look at new dogs. I hate the idea of "replacing" Sierra but I've decided as long as we don't get another huskey then it'll be fine. We found Oscar, a 3 yr old German Shepard who was just turned in by his owners 2 weeks ago. He's so balanced and well-behaved. We have a house visit this week sometime to see if we'll be allowed to adopt him. Hope so!

Monday mom and I went to Great Beginnings so I could show her the store, which is AWESOME! I also wanted to play around with the strollers. I had no idea she was intending to buy us our stroller, so this was a very generous and welcomed surprise! :) I knew going in that I was leaning toward the UppaBaby Vista 2009 due to all my research recently (for those who have been reading this from the beginning and remember mention of the Stokke Xplory -- I changed my mind! It didn't get great reviews and was sort of odd and cheap looking). UB Vista is rated highly (an "A" in Baby Bargains) and can be used from infant to 50lb. It comes with a bassinet and a toddler seat, and it also has the car seat adaptor for the Graco Snugride 32. Yay! It's also rated for heavy use with it's all terrain wheels and front and rear suspension, so I'll be able to take it on my trail walks with the girls! (just a side note: at 1 yr, we will need to buy the Bob Jogging Stroller for running on the streets and trails, but since you can't run with the baby til they're a year old we have time for that one!). We bought it in red -- should arrive in 4 to 6 weeks. Can't wait! Thanks, mom!

No comments: