Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's (and, in my case, Mom-to-be) Day!


Yesterday was exhausting. Mike's grandparents are still visiting, so we went to church, brunch at Brabo and then to Mt Vernon. Lots of walking! When we got home, Mike made his famous turkey chili and I made the salad and cornbread to accompany it. Yum! Unfortunately, I think I over did it. I was ready for bed by 9pm, and today, I feel like I got ran over by a mack truck. I thought for sure I was running a fever, but taking my temp resulted in a reading of only 96.3, which has me even more perplexed. All I know is I don't feel good. Boo!

While I had no expectations of anyone (other than perhaps Mike ;)) recognizing my soon-to-be mommy status, I was pleasantly surprised with everyone's generosity (even with words and sentiments). Dad and Letty sent me some beautiful flowers (see above) and my mom sent me a very cute card (see below). I also received everything from Happy 1/2 Mother's Day (from Dad Husband) to Happy Pre-Mother Mother's Day (from Mikey). Very cute. And much appreciated. :)



Anyway, I'm off to try and feel better. As much as I hate to do it, I may have to just drop the Husbands at the metro with a DC map and wish them good fun on their tourist expedition today...I just don't see myself being very enjoyable company.

Oh, and just for the fun of it...here's a pic of Mike and I with George and Martha (that's Mr and Mrs Washington, thank you) from yesterday. And, yes, you can say it: "wow, you don't even look pregnant yet!" I keep hearing this although one very honest, male friend was "kind" enough to tell me (a couple of weeks ago) "well, I knew you were either getting fat or pregnant, so I figured you were pregnant." Ha ha, thanks!

Photobucket

16 weeks tomorrow and A BELLY PIC!

xoxo-
V

No comments: