Thursday, December 24, 2009

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow & 8 weeks old!

I obviously have been slacking the last week on posting. Saturday (when X turned 8 weeks old) was a massive snow storm here in DC resulting in 16 inches on the ground by the end of the day. You'd think this would be conducive to blogging, but instead I spent the time indoors with Mike and Xander and watched movies all day. So relaxing! :) Look at the snow! And my lazy men! :)




Two notable things from week 8 were Xander's 2 month doc appt (on 18th) and 1st set of shots and his 1st Christmas ornament (on 19th) from Grandma Terri.

Doc appt was great until the shots. X is growing well and is measuring in at 23.5 inches and 11lb 12oz. Both of those put him in the 60th percentile. Not bad! He got a series of vaccines in 2 shots and one oral med. Oral - easy, shots - not so much. The reaction was priceless. I didn't think X could get so red or cry so loud. Poor lil' guy! Thankfully, momma had a bottle for him so he got to quickly forget about the pain and concentrate on milky. :)

We were joking prior to the appt that Xander knew what was coming and was hiding his eyes from the reality. When we pulled into the doc parking lot, this is how we found him in the back seat (below). Whoops! Funny thing is, he was as calm as can be and we had no idea! Again, whoops!



My mom is going to give Xander the Reed & Barton holly bell ornament each year. The single 2009 bell is so beautiful, and I can only imagine a whole tree of them being so amazing. He'll be able to take all of these and start his own Christmas tree someday.



Into Xander's 9th week...

On Sunday (20th), we went to a holiday party at our friend John and Jill's house. Xander wore his winter sweater and looked quite festive!



This week has also brought a new infection for me, and I feel like crap. I'm back to having a fever and fighting the infection with antibiotics. Boo! I'm trying to ignore it though because I hate the idea of begin sick on Xander's first Christmas. So I'm going to push through and make sure that we properly acknowledge X turning 2 months old today -- Christmas Eve. And then we're going to go to church and dinner at Monroe's down the street from our house.

xoxo-
Vicky

No comments: