Xander was 7 weeks old on December 12th. The pic above is the only one I took that day. Perhaps it shows off how long he is getting! :)
It was the end of a long, fun week with Grandma since both Mike and I are now back at work. I am so grateful that my mom is here watching him everyday. But I cherish the weekends and Mondays when I get to "work from home".
Sunday (6th) we had a nice relaxing day and then had some friends over for dinner of pizza and football. Their idea -- so nice of them (john and jill and scott and joanne). Xander dressed like a lil' monkey for the day to show off his sense of style for our guests. He also showed off his monkey toes! :)
Look how small his feet look in daddy's hands:
Monday (7th), Xander had a bit of a milestone. He was actually tracking Mortimer the moose from left to right while he was laying in his crib and I was holding the moose above his head. It's amazing to watch him focus so much more now and even smile! Monday was the doc appt for his diaper rash. Thankfully, not yeast! I have to say having now suffered with this yeast infection for well over a month in my nipples -- it's not fun!!
On Tuesday (8th) with Grandma Terri, Xander decided to be a supporter of the Animal Rescue of El Paso with his shirt that Grandma Letty and Grandpa Tony gave him when they visited over Thanksgiving. Xander loves his big bro Oscar, so I'm sure he's going to love all animals as he gets older. Hopefully no allergies!
Also on Tues night, we made an increase to 5 oz at night feedings. He's getting big!
Tuesday night to Wednesday morning we had our longest sleep yet - he slept 5.5 hours straight -- Wow!**Disclaimer -- within a couple of days we were back to 4oz per feeding and only occasionally 5oz at night but he's still sleeping 5-6 hour stretches! Yay**
On Wednesday (9th), Xander and Grandma took their first driving trip to Target.
On Friday (11th), we all went to the Living Christmas Tree at Church. Xander stayed in daycare (his first time away from family!) and did great while Mom, Mike and I watched the performance. It was nice -- slightly cheesy, but nice. Xander was dressed appropriately "festive" and here's also a family pic to start off the holiday season:
This week Xander also started discovering his thumbs and trying to put them in his mouth. Unfortunately, it doesn't usually work very well, but it's soooo cute to watch! Yet another "milestone", I think. Isn't everything a milestone at this young age!?! :) Momma couldn't help but capture this pic (and a whole mess of others) of X on Friday night after the concert as we were getting ready for bed.
Anyway, that's Week 7. :)
xoxo-
Vicky

No comments:
Post a Comment