Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good-bye 2009!

Well, the year (the decade!) is winding down and I can't help but look back and reminisce. So many changes! From start to finish 2009 was definitely more ups than downs since the focus was primarily on being pregnant and bringing Xander into this world and spending the last 2+ months learning how to be parents. All changes, all challenging and all absolutely wonderful. So I can't help but say goodbye to 2009 and only hope that 2010 is even 1/2 as good. With that in mind, some resolutions:

(i) I need to lose the baby weight. Seriously. I'd like to be back in my clothes by April and running the Marine Corp marathon in October.

(ii) I need to learn more children's songs and nursery rhymes. How is it possible to not remember the rhyming tunes of my childhood!?! Seriously. Mike can't help but shake his head at my mom and I as we attempt to sing songs like "BINGO" "Old McDonald" and "This Old Man" to X with half of the words made up on the spot.

(iii) I need/want to spend more time with my husband. Alone. We try to get out for date night and we try to spend some time each night talking before bed, but it's hard. We're tired. And we have so much going on. My mom has been wonderful about encouraging us to get out without Xander for dinner or a movie. Thank you! Now we just need to actually do it more often in 2010. I whole heartedly believe that the parents have to be strong and connected in order to build the framework for the family and the home. So Xander...you have to stay home sometimes. :)

So those are my resolutions. And now a toast...to my friends and loved ones. May your 2010 bring you happiness and health and blessings beyond your imagination.

See you in the new year!

Cheers,
Vicky

No comments: