I don't want anyone to think that my tardiness in completing this post at all reflects how I felt about hitting our 1/2 way point in this pregnancy. Because I was (and am) ECSTATIC! :) I can't believe we will meet Xander in just about 20 weeks. Amazing! It seems both so quick and so long from now. I still try to imagine what it is going to be like when Mike and I have a little one. I can only imagine it is going to be terribly exciting and fun and exhausting all at the same time. And so much love...I already love this little guy more than I thought possible and I imagine that it will only increase once I get to hold him in my arms and kiss him. I wonder what he's going to look like and who he's going to be...I have so much hope for him already. And I can't wait to see Mike as a dad. I think he is going to be an amazing father, and I feel completely blessed to be able to have this child with him and start our family.
This week was so busy both because of my new job and the stuff going on around the house in preparation for Xander. Our contractor started on Tuesday and the house has been in shambles ever since. He says he'll be done by Wed of this week coming up. I'm not convinced, but I suppose it's possible. He already has Xander's room painted and just needs to put the molding and window frames back up, put in the closet organizer and replace all of the doors with the 6-panel doors we'll be using throughout the entire house. I hope he finishes by Wed because Xander's furniture is in (early!) and they're supposed to deliver it on Thursday. I can't wait!
I'm going to talk about the Army Ball in a separate post, but I have to mention it here because I want everyone to know that I absolutely felt our little boy kicking (or marching) last night and it made me giggle (literally). I don't know if it was the big slice of chocolate cake and a resulting sugar high or if it was the loud medley of American-themed music being sung and played on the loud speakers, but Xander definitely made his presence known. Mike thinks he is just already a very patriotic little guy who was loving the music. Perhaps. ;) I just thought it was wonderful that I finally am 100% certain that it was Xander I could feel moving in my belly and not just gas. ha ha!
So what else is/was supposedly going on in my belly over the last week? Well...
"Your baby has established sleep patterns akin to a newborn now. Many babies even have a favorite sleep position already. Some snooze with their chins resting on their chests, while others nap with their head flung back. Many babies at this age fall into noticeable cycles of sleep and activity, so you may know before she arrives whether you have a night owl or an early bird.
If your baby is a boy, the testes have begun descending from the pelvis into the scrotum. If it's a girl, her uterus is completely formed and the rest of her "parts" are in development. (Is that TMI?)
From this point forward, your baby will put most of her energy into gaining weight and, not coincidentally, so will you! Right now your baby weighs approximately 10½ ounces and is about 6½ inches long, about the size of a can of Red Bull (which has way too much caffeine for a pregnant woman to be drinking)."
*3D Pregnancy
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment