So this will be an update on all of those things...
Oscar is doing so much better. He's still addicted to Mike in a possibly unhealthy way, but he's getting better. He is now staying outside when home alone, and it seems to be working for him (Yes, yes...he has shelter, plenty of shade and water. We also have a doggie door that will be installed once he's a bit better so that he can have access to the den and the backyard). That being said, it could be working because there aren't any more screens for him to take out in an attempt to get back in. All window screens and the big sliding screen door were casualties of Oscar's first week at our home. Oh well! He had his first comprehensive exam at the vet yesterday, and he did very well with all the poking and prodding. He disliked the ear cleaning more than the temp taking or blood draw. Odd dog. But so cute.
Mike was awarded the Bronze Star last Friday at the Pentagon. It was a nice ceremony, and I am very proudof him. Our DC family and many of Mike's SPA and Navy/Army colleagues were able to attend. Pics below:
Xander is doing very well. Heartbeat was in the 150s when we went on Friday and the midwife said he seemed to be growing at the right pace (based on my uterus position). Um, okay. I was told to "make sure [I] eat"...ha ha. I assured her I have no problems eating right now. But apparently I only gained 1 pound in the last 4 weeks, so she was a bit worried. Let's just ignore the fact that I've gained more than average over the whole pregnancy. :p
My new job started on Monday. I don't have to go back until Thurs and Fri this week, so I've had the last 2 days off. Nice to have the break in the middle of the week. My first day was uneventful...just a bunch of training. I really like all of my colleagues though, so I'm excited about the job. Fingers crossed for a good conversation about Xander tomorrow.
xoxo
V

No comments:
Post a Comment