Monday, March 16, 2009

All Hail the Wonder Fruit...

Cranberries. Or more specifically 100% juice, no sugar added cranberry juice! With some seltzer and lime. Think mom-to-be friendly Cape Cod! Yum!

I actually only started drinking this wonderfully yummy drink on Friday after spending two days with what I think were UTI symptoms. Dull burning in the lower abdomin, constantly needing to pee (even more than usual for right now) and actually not being able to pee very much...speaking of which, it took 20 minutes and 3 tries for me to get the doc a sufficient amount for a sample...can you say embarassing!?! :)

Anyway, the labs came back negative. The MW was super helpful (note the sarcasm) by telling me that my symptoms were either nothing to worry about and would go away on their own or was something to worry about that they couldn't really do anything about. Gee thanks! After going home with that tid bit of wisdom, I thought I'd take my friend Kate's advice and drink the cranberry juice (her doc had recommended when she was showing symptoms of UTI earlier in her pregnancy). I had one glass Friday night and woke up Saturday morning with no more dull burning, etc. Seriously! Now it could be a coincidence and crazy timing, but I think it's the cranberry juice. So I'm now drinking this cocktail twice a day...it's so much more refreshing than water. And I like water!

No comments: