Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Nursery

If you know me, then it's not hard to believe that I've already started considering baby furniture, have drawn a room diagram (not to scale) of how I plan to set up the nursery and have been perusing bedding sets since week 6. In fact, last night I even dreamt up the most perfect gender neutral baby bedding that, if I just knew of someone who could flawlessly create it for me, I'd have custom made in a second. Problem is -- my dream was quite complicated. Reds, sages, plums, ivories with a forest and alphabet motif. And it was quilted. Very complex. It even had matching quilted, stuffed forest animals (think deers and squirrels) to place lovingly around the room. I woke up and had to tell Mike right away. He was less thrilled than me...hmmm.

Anyway, so the bedding aside...we have found our baby's bedroom furniture! This is after much online searching, a trip to Babies R Us after church a few weeks ago and a trip to Belfort Furniture in Sterling, VA yesterday. Although we'd initially found a set at Babies R Us that we could be happy with, we both realized that it wasn't necessarily the greatest quality considering we were hoping that Baby H would have this furniture til we send him/her off to college. So after much consideration we decided furniture was not a bad place to splurge a little in order to ensure better quality.



I really liked a set by Young America called "genAmerica" that I saw online (that's the crib above). After getting Mike's online sign off, it was this set that we initially went to go look at yesterday. This was after several conversations with Mike where he'd convinced me he'd never like a sleigh-style crib for the baby. Well, hello Belfort furniture and HELLO "4 Seasons" by Young America.

It was love at first site. Surprisingly, for both of us. In fact, I had to convince Mike that we had to look at the other options on the floor and the other YA options in the catalog. But nope..."4 Seasons" it is. We'll be buying the sleigh crib (with the conversion sets to go to toddler bed and then a full size sleigh bed -- this is a seriously cool option that, if you've never seen, you should look at online), the large dresser (with removeable changing table top) and the door chest. All in cinnamon. Beautiful. Pics below.



Apparently it can take up to 90 days for the furniture to come in (although this is on the long end assuming they still have to make the furniture in the workshop somewhere in VA), so we're ordering it early June. My plan is to have the nursery done by mid-September so that the last month is worry free in case the pumpkin decides to show him/herself earlier than expected.

And for those wondering, the nursery will be the bigger of our two extra bedrooms (the one currently acting as a guest room) and the guest room will now be the smaller room. I'm getting rid of my never-used elliptical, and we realized that with two laptops and wireless internet in the house, there is really no need for a separate "study".

Anyway, off to go hang out with the other Husband before all of this fabulous Sunday is behind us.

xoxo -
Vicky

No comments: