because last night we found out that EVEN MORE of our friends are pregnant. Jim and Jess Murray are due October 5, 2009! I think that's so exciting! Their little guy or gal will be just a few weeks older than Pumpkin! I love the idea of having friends to hang out with and do playgroups with, etc., and I love that Mike will have guy friends to talk with about all the new experiences and things related to fatherhood! So you ask...EVEN MORE?
I now know of 10 women in my life who are pregnant. Yes, 10! A couple are mere acquaintences now from law school (1) or college (2), one is a wife of Mike's friend, Drew (Laren(3)), who've I've now met twice but don't know all that well. When we grabbed drinks with them over Christmas in Odessa (they now live in Roswell, NM), Laren was 11 weeks pregnant and due in July. Oh, and one is a friend I met on The Bump. Her name is Michele (4), she lives in Laurel, MD, so not far, and other than my mom...she bought Pumpkin his/her first gift...a Harvard t-shirt and bib. I should say that Michele also went to Harvard, so we have that in common and the gift (right after testing positive) was so thoughtful and sweet. We also have a lot of other weird commonalities such as both moving to DC area at the same time, both starting to TTC at the same time and both getting pregnant within 5 days of each other. Michele is due October 22nd. I really hope to get to meet her in person sometime during this pregnancy journey!
Other than these first 4, the other 6 are all real women in my life who I call "friend," and I am so excited to be going through this experience around the same time as them even if they (i) don't know I'm pregnany yet (a few of them do) or (ii) live far away! So...who are they:
Melanie (5) and Kate (6) are two wonderful DC friends and running partners. They live nearby, and I can't wait to do baby playgroups and excursions with them. And running with baby joggers next Spring! They're both first time mommies too! Mel is due July 14th with a BOY, and Kate is due August 22nd (I think). I already mentioned Jess Murray (7) since she's the one I just found out about last night! We're getting together with Jim and Jess this Saturday, so I can't wait to hear more details from her (two men emailing doesn't produce a lot of information, if you know what I mean!). As mentioned, she's due October 5th.
Jill (8) and Kevin are our DC friends that moved to Salt Lake City, UT in November. They have a lil' baby, Dylan, that just turned 6 months yesterday (Happy Birthday, Dylan!). And they're pregnant again! Jill is probably about 14 weeks now and is due August 25th (I think). We went to visit them over President's Day weekend and had a lot of fun. We actually found out we were pregnant at their house on Valentine's Day! So, of course, we had to tell them right then...Jill guessed! I'm hoping they come out to visit us sometime this year, but if not, I look forward to going to visit them sometime in 2010 with Baby H in tow!
Leslie (9) and Beverly (10) are both sorority sisters and live in El Paso and Tucson, repsectivey. I usually see Leslie when I go home to El Paso although we missed each other this Christmas, and I am so sad about that! She's due in April with her 2nd baby. Her son Johnny is an angel and this time...it's a GIRL! Beverly is due on June 19th with a little BOY. I got to see Bev in January when we ran the Phoenix RnR Marathon, and she was just glowing! I can't wait to get back to Phoenix (hopefully later this year) to see the little guy!
Woo! Anyway, that's it...10 pregnant ladies! Now you have to agree with me...something is in the water! ;)
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment