Tuesday, April 7, 2009

11 Week Fun Facts (sans belly pic...boo, but last week)

How far along? 11 weeks!
Total weight gain/loss: Well, there may be a bit of a dispute here but I'm going with +4. Yesterday's doc appt had me at +6 since my first appt at 4 weeks, 3 days, but according to our home scale I'm +4 since I first got on the scale at 4 weeks, 0 days. I'm going with the home scale since it's friendlier.
Maternity clothes? My new Seven maternity jeans are awesome. Love them. I will say that they stretch to be a bit too big right now in the booty but I think the girls had me do this so that they'll last through the whole pregnancy. So for now, they're just getting washed and dried on high between wearings to get them back to their original size.
Stretch marks? Um, no. The girls at pea in the pod did try to sell me a stretch mark cream the other day, but I think it's a bunch of bull. Isn't it just a matter of using any moisturizer and not the $50 2oz bottle specially made for pregnancy? And don't genetics play a role? I think I've read this...anyway, I am happy that I was able to resist any urge of buying a superfluous product solely based on vanity.
Sleep: I have had so much trouble sleeping recently. At first it was discomfort, but my fabulous Snoogle solved that dilemma. Now, it's just insomnia. I've NEVER had insomnia...I am a good sleeper! I need to figure this one out. I even tried to stay up later last night than my normal 9:30-10pm bed time in an attempt to sleep longer. Nope. Was still up at about 3am and unable to fall back asleep. Perhaps it had to do with the ridiculous dream I had though...I was a carpet salesman. Door-to-door. And I was trying to convince my potential purchaser that my carpet was totally stain resistant; I was even trying to explain away the possibility of mold in cases of flooding a la Hurricane Katrina. So odd.
Best moment this week: Heard the baby's heartbeat at our Doc appt yesterday!
Movement: Apparently it's started, but I just can't feel it yet. Can't wait.
Food cravings: It's different every single day. In fact, I've stopped prebuying the whole week's groceries on Sunday because I've found that my idea of what sounds yummy seems to change to often to nail down a week menu in advance. Last night? Ignored all the fresh groceries in the pantry and refrigerator and indulged in General Tsao's Chicken, stir fried veggies, brown rice and crab rangoon. I've had more chinese food in the last 2 months than I have in the last 2 years prior to being pregnant. Crazy, but delicious!
Gender: I'm completely open at this point and have NO IDEA. :)
Labor Signs: Um, nope. And hopefully not for another 26+ weeks!
Belly Button in or out? Still in, of course.
What I miss: Being able to wear absolutely anything in my closet.
What I am looking forward to: Ultrasound on Friday!
Weekly Wisdom: Be rational!
Milestones: So apparently as of 11 weeks, 1 day the baby is now considered a fetus! Woo hoo!

No comments: