Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Baby Names

Okay, so we've obviously been discussing names whether we have a lil' boy or a lil' girl. BTW - we'll find out around May 15th (can't wait!). Mike and I agree on some (for both genders) and totally disagree on others. I've put all the ones we've agreed on or I like on this website called www.babynames.com. You may wonder why I'm not putting Mike's names on here when I dislike them; you know, just for the sake of fairness. Well, that's because there is no chance! ha ha!:) There is one name that he keeps harping on that I've said that (i) if we have a boy and (ii) if he can find someone in his family lineage with the name, then he can use it...as a middle name. So what is it? CALHOUN Seriously. I'm praying that no prior Husband has had the name Calhoun. :)

Anyway, telling people our names makes me a little nervous because I think sometimes people overstep boundaries and give negative commentary even when it's not requested. But hopefully this is a nice, anonymous way to say either yes or "hell no" to some of the names we like without hurting our feelings. In my opinion, children's names are like china patterns. What do I mean? Well, when girlfriend's get married I'm always excited to see the china pattern they selected for their registry because I think it says a lot about someone's personality. Some of my friends have had sets I love and I think make perfect sense for them. Some -- not so much! I've actually been shocked a few times and wondered what was hiding underneath my dear friend's exterior that led them to make the choice they made. It just made no sense. That being said, you can never comment and never judge. It's too personal, and I realize that fact. Now that people are havng kids? Same thing with names. Love 'em or hate 'em (the names, that is), I'm not commenting unless explicitly asked for my opinion. Otherwise, all names are "cute". :)

So...here's the link to our list. Be nice. :)

VOTE on my Name List

No comments: