Monday, April 6, 2009

3rd Doctor's Appointment

Our 3rd doctor's appt was today. We met with one of the hospital midwives (Patrice Valle) who was awesome. She's part mexican, spanish and italian, and as she mentioned, looked a lot like me. She came in to the exam room with such a positive energy and fun personality, I couldn't help but enjoy myself. We just went over very basic things, such as my symptoms (minimal), concerns (this non-strenuous work out thing sucks) and determined that I've officially gained 6lb in my first tri. Not bad for someone with an increased appetite, no morning sickness and inability to workout for real.

The highlight: Baby H's heartbeat was heard loud and clear on the doppler at 174-179bpm. Very good and healthy for this point in the pregnancy. I guess the baby's heartbeat gets really fast until about 11 weeks when it starts to decrease and then eventually level out somewhere between 120-160bpm. Yay, Pumpkin! You're doing good.

We scheduled our next doc appt for May 2nd, which is a Saturday. I'll be 14 weeks, 4 days (so out of 1st trimester)!

Next big milestone: NT Scan on Friday. I'll be sure to post pics of our u/s as soon as I have them. And speaking of pics...we finally got the mattress company to send us $160 to replace the camera the delivery people stole. So hopefully I can buy it soon and get on track with taking my weekly belly pics with the nice, new camera. Now to just get the belly. Hmm...

xoxo -
V

No comments: