Yay! Well, we're here...13 weeks, 3 days. I thought it would take forever to get here, but it seems to have gone quite fast. And I have a feeling 2nd trimester is going to go very fast, as well, because of visitors (Mike's grandparents and my mom in May) and travel plans (going to Alaska in July with the Husband family and my mom). So...time to get serious about getting ready for baby. :)
In an effort to be proactive, I did go yesterday and volunteer at a consignment sale called "Just Between Friends". It's a sale held nationally for maternity, baby and children's clothes and products. So much stuff! For volunteering for 4 hours, I get an early pre-sale pass to shop before the masses. It was fun, but I don't think I'm going back today to shop. First, it's 45 minutes minimum each way (took just over an hour getting home yesterday in rush hour), and I'd have to be near Dulles at 6pm, which for those of you who don't live in the area would be HORRIBLE due to rush hour traffic. Second, I don't think I want to buy used items for Pumpkin. Does that make me a snob!?! ;) I looked and looked yesterday at all the items in hopes of finding something wonderful (steered away from even looking at things like cribs, strollers, car seats, etc (anything that I think seems just safer to buy new)and clothes (because mom and Tia Carmen think it's not going to be necessary)), but I just wasn't able to find anything worth a minimum 45 minute drive (each way). Even the well-loved and taken care of items were just not what I was wanting for our baby. I think I need shiny and new. Is that wrong? I don't think so. :) So...yesterday was fun, but I'm back to looking online for the best prices and sales on NEW items for this little one. I'm absolutley keeping this sale in mind down the road though for both selling and buying items. They have the sale twice a year.
We're shopping this weekend for Baby H. Time to buy the crib, dresser/changing table and glider. It can take as long as 12 weeks (accding to the woman at the store) for the furniture to arrive, which would have it arriving around 25-26 weeks. Since I want to have the whole nursery done by 30 weeks, just in case, it's perfect timing. :) We're also looking at more strollers this weekend since it turns out we're not as settled as I thought on the Stokke. Need to test drive it ourselves after hearing a few iffy reviews. We'll see.
On Giving Thanks in the Thick of It
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment