Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baby Bedding...

So I've mentioned this a couple of times and for some reason keep forgetting to post it. Perhaps I'm scared we jumped too soon, Pumpkin will end up being a girl and we'll have to find new bedding and a new theme for the room. Or perhaps I'm just a procrastinator...whatever! ;)

This bedding had been on my fave list for several weeks prior to our NT Scan at 11 weeks, was on a serious sale (almost 50%) and I was so nervous it was going to sell out before we knew if we were having a li'l boy or a lil' girl. Even the small possibility that Pumpkin is actually a lil' boy was enough to push me over the edge and cause my to buy it! So I did. :) And I love it!

"Charlie" by Serena & Lily.


I've seen it done as a circus theme, but due to Mike's dislike of the circus and fear of clowns, we've decided to go with an untraditional (because of the color) safari theme. Blue walls, white vinyl decals of a large umbrella tree "shading" the crib and animals to match the bedding, red vinyl birds, a giraffe rocking horse (yes, I know it will be awhile before Baby H can use it :)) and a couple of other pics for over the changing table and the glider that will play up the "world travel" and the "animal" theme with a bit more color. I can't wait to start getting it all together. I am waiting to buy any more items until we CONFIRM we're having a boy. ;)

Oh, but I did buy two small stuffed animals. An elephant and a hippo. Both in shades of blue. This is "Piper the Elephant" from JellyCat. He's 15" tall and you can't tell by this pic, but his colors match the bedding and the glider colors PERFECTLY! In fact his navy edging is also microsuede like the chair. So cute!

No comments: